Sunday, November 18, 2007

Only Half

If the world's eyes answered for me
If the world responded on my behalf
If the world answered for me they would say

I give you only half
My witness is only half
My Jesus requires only half

My commitment to serve the Glorious King is half
My commitment is only half serious
I'm responsible for only half of my actions
My Jesus only requires me to be responsible for half of my actions

But You Lord say
I demand all
I will not settle for half
I am the jealous God
I am Jesus requiring all

So help me Lord this Sabbath day
Force me to give you all when I only wish to give you half
Overwhelm me by your mercy and grace so that I cannot help but give you all in gratitude

A mind divided is not devoted to Jesus
A heart divided is half for the world

Teach me discipline so that I do not respond to half of your message
You bid me to fully come and die on your cross
Only giving half of myself is fully lukewarm

No comments: