Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Eagerly Desirous of Meaning

Thirst for meaning
Do you ever get cotton mouth?
I mean cotton mouth for the water of God
Cotton mouth to hear the voice of God
But not just to hear the voice
But to make your dry bones jump and dance again
To make your cold heart warm
To make your hard heart soft

Yeah, do I crave and yearn and burn for His voice
Yeah, maybe, but not enough....not enough at all
So stir in my soul again today I pray Lord
Let your voice provide me meaning this day

Let the meaning You provide unravel my nonsensical life
Cure my cotton mouth
Unplug my ears
When You speak let me be awake in the hour of sweat soaked prayer

Let the weeping Holy Spirit soak my dried up heart with merciful tears
Let the earnest prayers of the saints that have come before shatter and disturb this fragile soul
Arise and pray, for the hour is come

Let the warrior rise, He is risen
Victory is at hand
Reclaim this land for Him
Call the nations back to Him

Wrap us in meaningful existence this day
An existence that is obsessed with proclaiming the name of our great Savior
Make our feet true to Your voice, our tongues tamed, and our hearts bowed.

No comments: