Friday, April 27, 2007

Comprehensive Exam

Nothing strikes the terror inside of me like the words "Comprehensive Exam." For the past two years of my life, a day rarely went by where I did not remember that those dreadful words in the back of my mind. The Wheaton Exegesis program has been very taxing at times, but today I received a letter in the mail stating that I have come through victorious. Yes, victory has shown its face today!! I have been bruised and battered, but I come through nonetheless. Yes, victory comes to those who remain standing in the end, and by the sheer grace of God, He has held me up and kept me standing.

I now await hopeful news from the rest of my comrades and hopefully all of them, I pray all of them, have made it through the battlefield as well. To all my friends I've met at Wheaton, although we'll most likely never see each other again, you have been my comrades, fighting alongside of me, and praying for me this whole time. We go through battles united, we have been part of the Wheaton Exegesis Program. Fight on comrades, there is a world in need of a message.

3 comments:

Myrto Theocharous said...

Hey Nick!!! Congratulations, I am so proud of you!!! I told you soooo.
By the way, what were you doing going through my capstone paper? Did I really have 77 footnotes? Did I really fill the margins? Anyhow, thanks for placing your paper on top of mine and helping my grade!
Fashizzle man!

kevin schwartz said...

Nick, You've conquered once again...I'm still trying to figure out why you were worried. You've been a warrior in this program. You'll be great at your internship and wherever you go after that.

bobby moss said...

Nick - congrats!

Totally understand how you feel. I received the "good" letter as well and felt the stress fall off as I read it!

You the man!