Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Confessing but not Convicted

Do you struggling with confessing, but not really grasping conviction for life transformation?

I've noticed a trend. The longer I've been a Christian the more I must question the words I pray. It's easy to get the jargon down, but it's hard to wrestle the heart into submission. I often struggle against watery words in prayer with no substance. They just flow out like water, with no formative nature behind them.

Is my life dangerous to Satan with rich gut-wrenching prayers typified by sweat and perseverance, or am I distracted playing in the kiddy-pool? In order to be a dangerous Christian let us search our hearts so we both confess and are convicted. Let us bow soberly repentant to elicit a heart change.

Let us be convicted and determined about the creeds we profess and the sins we stand against as we confess.

No comments: