Friday, August 1, 2008

Did Jesus really mean it?

Sometimes I read the stories of Jesus, and I'm a total space cadet. My mind is wandering all over the place. Then I reread, with a severe effort to focus (because my mind these days seems to be complete mush) and then I get scared at the sacrifical call staring me straight in the face. You probably can relate. Maybe you're mind is mush too! haha. Or maybe more importantly, you've been petrified at what Jesus is calling you to do as well.

So today, when we hear God's voice, let us immediately pray that we would follow boldly and courageously. I think Jesus meant what he said, and that the call is hard for sinful people to bear to hear. The call is extreme. The call is deeply risky and self-sacrifical.

Lord give us ears to hear.

No comments: