Friday, August 8, 2008

Fear Not!

God tells us to 'Fear Not" an awful lot. Why? Is it because Christians are a bunch of scariedy cats? Well, no. Then why? It's because we are supposed to be taking steps of faith and risks for God, and not be afraid of doing it. When we sacrifce by faith and look back to see how far on the water we have walked, we are not to fear. 'Fear not' means nothing if we're still sitting in the boat. But 'fear not' means the world if you standing out water and you got nothing around you! When Christians hear Jesus calling them to join him walking on the water, let them also hear 'fear not.' May we walk courageously onto unknown waters.

1 comment:

Darren Larson said...

Amen, Nick. I go back to Joshua 1 often in my own life - especially lately as I'm figuring out what leading and shepherding looks like in my new church. The Lord's words to Joshua ring out to me today.

How are you, my friend?