Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A prayer

Walk with us today Lord,
Walk with us because you hold mercy,
Walk with us because you have grace,
Walk with us because you are faithful.

Come after us today Lord,
Come after us despite who we are,
Come after us because of who you are,
Come after us because you are faithful while we are faithless.

Make me into your image today Lord,
Cause me to be moved,
Cause this heart of stone to be broken for the lost,
Replace my dry and uncompassionate eyes with the weeping eyes of the Holy Spirit.

Transform me today Lord,
Cause me not leave your holy presence unchanged,
Drop the scales from my selfish eyes and help me to see others as your Son saw us.

Drop the scales Lord I pray,
Drop the scales from my eyes, my heart, and my mind,
Help me today Lord to see others and not myself.

No comments: